Trick To Remove OneDrive From File Explorer On Windows 10
Windows 10 which is comes with many types of preloaded apps. Like their Groove music, movies and TV, Xbox Gaming and many more. Sometimes these apps are useful but sometimes it’s just annoying. OneDrive is additional app added to Windows 10. It is Microsoft cloud storage service given to Windows 10 and Microsoft account holders just like Google Drive. If you don’t use the cloud service it is good to disable the OneDrive service. Some apps can be disabled but for some specific steps are required. so follow the post to Remove OneDrive From File Explorer On Windows 10.
These steps to Remove OneDrive from File Explorer works on Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education versions. Windows 10 home users can also disable but needs a registry trick. So let’s start one by one.
For Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, Education Edition:
- Remove OneDrive from File Explorer can be done in group policy settings.
- Press WINDOWS LOGO KEY+R button. It will open the RUN program.
- Type gpedit.msc and hit enter to open group policy editor.
- Now navigate to Local Computer Policy–>Computer Configuration–>Administrative Templates—>Windows Components–>OneDrive.
- Double click on Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage. Located in right pane on the window.
- Now Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage will open in new window. In this select Enable option and click OK.
It will remove OneDrive from file explorer. Now if you change your mind and want to access OneDrive, then just click on Not Configured instead of Enable. That’s it.
- How To Manage Wireless Networks In Windows 10 Using CMD
- Best 2 MacOS Like Docks for Windows 10 Operating System
- Make Windows 10 Cortana Use Google Search And Chrome
For Windows 10 Home Edition:
In Windows 10 Home Edition the group policy settings cannot be changed. So for remove OneDrive, we can use a registry hack. Follow the steps below.
- Right click on OneDrive App in the notification area in the taskbar.
- Select settings from the options. Microsoft OneDrive will open.
- Click on the settings tab and uncheck Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows option located under General section.
- Click OK, now OneDrive will not automatically get the start when windows start.
If you want to disable the Remove OneDrive from File Explorer. Download the ZIP file provided below. According to your system i.e. X86 32 bit or X64 64 bit run the registry file hide. If you want back OneDrive then run another registry file restore.
If you like the post don’t forget to share it.
257 total views, 3 views today